About this User Guide
This user guide is intended to extend the Code Igniter User Guide (which is why the graphic design is a blatant rip-off of the Code Igniter guide) and discusses only the features and aspects of Cool Brew that differ from Code Igniter. If you aren't familiar with Code Igniter, we recommend that you take a few minutes to read through the Introduction section of the Code Igniter User Manual to get a sense of how it works.
What is Cool Brew?
Cool Brew is a variant of the Code Igniter Application Development Framework that is designed to share a single code base with multiple websites existing on the same server. It implements a tag-based architecture that makes it easy to add dynamic content to static web pages. Its goal is to make it easy to create as many dynamic websites as you want while keeping all the code in one location so it's easy to maintain.
Cool Brew is based on the Code Igniter Application Development Framework and shares much of its functionality.
Why Would I Want This?
You should consider using Cool Brew if:
- You want a way to supply dynamic content to multiple websites without having to maintain multiple copies of your scripts.
- You are familiar with the Code Igniter application framework and want to use it to develop components for your sites.
- You're responsible for maintaining and improving multiple websites with limited resources.
- You don't want to recreate a number of static websites in a traditional CMS just so you can add some dynamic elements.
- You want to treat a group of related websites as a single web application, optionally sharing user registration data and tracking users across all the sites.